Charest (“Chip”) Thibaut. III was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on July II, 1949. He currently lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with his wife, Cynthia Wale Thibaut, a native of Denham Springs, Louisiana. He is the father of three daughters, Chanelle Thibaut Delahoussaye, Samantha Marie Thibaut, and Aubre Kenton Thibaut.
Chip attended Catholic High School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where he was selected to write the school newspaper and was elected president of the student body. He graduated in 1967 and enrolled in the Arts and Science honors course at Louisiana State University. He subsequently enrolled in LSU Law School and graduated in 1972 at the age of 22, having obtained his undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree and Juris Doctorate law degree all within five years, making him one of the youngest graduates of the LSU Law School.
Chip has worked as a sporting goods salesman, farm hand, horse trainer, insurance adjuster, business law/economics high school teacher, and high school basketball coach. Upon graduating from LSU Law School in 1972, he stepped into a very busy general practice and within two years was selected as assistant general counsel for one of the largest insurance companies at the time in North America. After litigating for several years on the defense side of the bar, he began concentrating on representing injury victims and has limited his practice in the past approximately 20 years to prosecuting these claims. In addition to being certified as a mediator under both Texas and Louisiana law, Chip has also obtained -triple hoard certification” -a status obtained by only a very very small percentage of attorneys in the United States.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Chip has obtained an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. The highest possible under the Martindale-Hlubbell system of rating and evaluating attorneys throughout the country.
- National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA): Chip has been board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in “Civil Trial Advocacy.”
- National Board of Civil PretrialAdvocacy : Chip has been board certified by the National Board of Civil “Pretrial Advocacy in Pretrial Practice Advocacy.”
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys: Chip has been board certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys in “Medical Malpractice Law.”
- Louisiana Mediation Act Section 9:4106: Chip has completed mediation training and been certified in accord with the Louisiana Mediation Act.
- Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Section 154.054: Chip has completed both basic and advanced mediation courses at the University of Texas Law School and been certified in accord with the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Section 154.054.
Professional Organizations (Now and Formerly)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) – Presenter: “Masters in Trial” Seminars
- American Inns of Court – Emeritus Member
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- National Panel of Consumer Arbitrators
- American College of Board Certified Attorneys
Listed In (Now or formerly)
- Louisiana Superlawyers
- Top Rated Lawyers in Healthcare
- Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys
- Top Attorneys in Louisiana
- Outstanding Lawyers in American
- Louisiana Mediator Registry.